OB Appointment and 12 weeks

Friday, February 17, 2012

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat again! Sadly though Daron and I were both under the impression we were scheduled for an ultrasound this week, we weren't. However, we did request one since when I left the fertility clinic they were wanting me to have another one around week 10 or 11 to make sure there were no residual issues with my ovaries and that everything was measuring well. The OB seemed to think this was a bit crazy, but honestly while I understand I'm having a very normal pregnancy, I would rather go with what the clinic wanted since I trust them and hey they got me pregnant. I would also like to see that my ovaries are no longer hugely swollen, I feel as if they are better, and have even started a more normal yoga routine. However there are still things I would feel more comfortable doing after having a visual of my more normal sized ovaries. Plus it would be really nice to see the baby again and since we aren't doing an NT scan I don't think we would be getting another ultrasound until at least around week 18. Hearing a heartbeat is great but Daron and I both really want to see how much this baby has grown since our last ultrasound at 7w3d. Anyway, the OB agreed to schedule us for an ultrasound and we will be seeing my ovaries and our baby next Thursday. They also took 4 vials of blood from me at this appointment, not sure what all they are testing but apparently there are things they wanted to test that the clinic didn't test.

In other news, I got the go ahead to get a massage! I'm pretty excited about that one, as I've missed my monthly massages. Daron and I found the stencils we are going to use for the baby's room on Amazon, They are really cute and should be the perfect size for the border we want to do. I think I can also use them on the dresser I am going to paint for the baby's room.

Some of my shirts officially don't fit anymore. The last couple of days I have really noticed more rounding of my belly, and some t-shirts and such that fit fine before are now either extremely tight around my belly or pull up to show the bottom, so it looks like I may be doing round 1 of packing clothes away this weekend or next. I'm definitely still loving the maternity pants, plus there is no way my normal pants would fit me now even with a bella band and hair tie.

I'm really having a hard time believing that I'm 12 weeks along already, I'm just praying this pregnancy continues to go as smoothly as it has so far. Biggest milestone for week 12, I get to finish these crappy endometrin inserts! Monday or Tuesday will be my last day and oh how glad I will be to see them gone! Oh and belly pics are still coming soon!

1 comments:

Jules said...

Yay, this is all such great news!!! So glad you hear everything is going well!

Post a Comment