Monitoring Appointment

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My 1st monitoring appointment was yesterday. It went really well. I have between 17 and 20 follicles right now. The left ovary had an 8.2mm, an 11mm, a 13mm and 7 10mm follicles. The right ovary had a 13mm, a 14mm, a 15mm, 2 8.2mm, and 2 10mm follicles. Plus I think there are a couple I missed. They haven't changed my dosages at all and I go in for another monitoring ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow morning.

Hopefully things are looking just as good tomorrow and Everything is still on track for Retrieval this coming Monday October 3rd.

Right now I have been having daily headaches that I now blame on the meds(and work of course lol). I have also been very crampy the last few days from the stimming meds. I told daron I feel like I'm pregnant already because I keep having to shift in order to make it so nothing is pushing on anything else, and I still have 5.5 days of growing for these follicles to do. I can't complain too much though because if this gets us the baby/babies we want it will all be completely worth it!

Now is the TMI part of the post. So if you don't want to read about anything to do with my sex life quit reading now.

Ok fair warning was given, I kind of expected cramping and bloating due to my hard working ovaries and lots of follicles. I didn't account for the fact that it would make sex really uncomfortable. Not that either one of us is really "in the mood" lately since Daron has been working overtime and we are both stressed(though trying hard not to be). It was just one of those things I thought I would mention for those wondering what to expect from the IVF process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment